Manchester Bicycle Club’s Joseph Dobson and Anna Weaver of NJC Biemme were fastest male and female riders respectively at the Manchester and District TTA 10-mile time trial in Cheshire on Saturday.
Dobson clocked 21.12 for the J4/17 course near Byley, while Weaver covered the course in 24-37.
Dobson’s time gave him the win by 15 seconds from Tony Greenhalgh (Team Chronomaster) with Adam Darby (Salford CC) third, another nine seconds adrift.
Weaver – twice the World Duathlon bronze medallist and European Triathlon medallist - took victory in the women’s category by 1-41 from Rapha CC rival Holly Carter, with Michelle Fairclough (Salford CC) third.
The event also included a medium gear category, and that was won by Paul McAllister (Element CT) with a time of 24-23, 24 seconds better than Rufus Brunt (Seamons CC) while Paul Dentith (Congleton CC) was third.
Of the juniors Nikolas James (Pro Vision Cycle Clothing) was fastest by just two seconds with a time of 22-04, giving him a narrow win over George Elliott (Innovation Racing). And fastest juvenile was Bury Clarion’s Francis Woodcock with 22-44.
Having won his first open time trial of 2018 already, Dobson will be aiming to take another victory in next Saturday’s Manchester and District TTA 10, which will be on the J2/3 at Goostrey.
And Weaver will be in action again next weekend with a ride in the West Pennine Rc hilly 14-mile time trial, a round of the Lakes and Lancs SpoCo Series on Saturday. She has also entered the first would of the Knight Composites Classic Series on Good Friday, March 30.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Joseph Dobson (Manchester BC) 21.12
2. Tony Greenhalgh (Team Chronomaster) 21.27
3. Adam Darby (Salford CC) 21.36
4. Mark Hassall (Surface Design Racing) 22.03
5. John Spearman (Seamons CC) 22.20
6. Adrian Hughes (Seamons CC) 22.22
7. John Morgan (Cover Your Car CC) 22.33
8. James Willetts (Team JMC) 22.39
9. Paul Shalliker (Cover Your Car CC) 22.42
10. Matt Hacker (North Cheshire Clarion) 23.20
1. Anna Weaver (NJC-Biemme-Echelon) 24.37
2. Holly Carter (Rapha CC) 26.18
3. Michelle Fairclough (Salford CC) 26.28
1. Paul McAllister (Element CT) 24.23
2. Rufus Brunt (Seamons CC) 24.47
3. Paul Dentith (Congleton CC) 28.03
1. Francis Woodcock (Bury Clarion CC) 22.44
2. Daniels Kucerjavijs (Mossley CRT) 22.58
3. Samuel Hall (Velo Runner RT) 23.12
1. Nikolas James (Pro Vision Cycle Clothing) 22.04
2. George Elliott (Innovation Racing) 22.06
3. Tristan Pilling (Team SB Hub) 22.14