Oliver Bridgewood and Maryka Sennema were the fastest male and female riders respectively as Sussex Nomads staged their traditional end of season hill-climb on Ditchling Beacon in East Sussex on Sunday.
Spokes BPC Racing rider, Bridgewood clocked 4:34.3 for the 1,576-yard climb, giving him the overall win by just 2.1 seconds from Paceline time trial specialist Pat Wright, while Adam Barrett (URDT) took third, 11.4 seconds off Bridgewood’s pace.
Meanwhile, three-time national hill-climb champion Maryka Sennema was fastest woman and joint tenth overall with 5:03.4, giving her victory in the women’s category by over one minute from Olivia Webb (Eastbourne Rovers CC).
Talented Preston Park Youth CC rider Tom Pughe-Morgan had a good day, taking seventh overall and also being the best junior and juvenile rider, the 15-year-old having covered the course in 4:55.2.
In the veterans on standard categories, the best of the men was 52-year-old Stewart Gregory (Nottingham Clarion) with a plus of 17.6 seconds over his age standard, while 43-year-old Sennema was best the women on standard with +36.4.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Oliver Bridgewood (Spokes BPC Racing) 4:34.3
2. Pat Wright (Paceline RT) 4:36.4
3. Adam Barrett (URDT) 4:45.7
4. Jason Blenkam (Sussex Nomads) 4:49.1
5. Thomas Doran (Hemel Hempstead CC) 4:50.2
6. Paul Newsome (Team ASL) 4:51.7
7. Tom Pughe-Morgan (Preston Park YCC) 4:55.2
8. Richard McShee (Islington CC) 4:59.2
9. James Griffin (Trainsharp) 4:59.3
=10. Maryka Sennema (Paceline RT) 5:03.4
=10. James Bullen (URDT) 5:03.4
1. Maryka Sennema (Paceline RT) 5:03.4
2. Olivia Webb (Eastbourne Rovers CC) 6:10.6
3. Debbie Percival (34 Nomads) 6:15.5
Juniors/Juveniles: Tom Pughe-Morgan (Preston Park YCC) 4:55.2
Male veterans on std: Stewart Gregory (Nottingham Clarion) (5:22.8) +17.6
Female veterans on std: Maryka Sennema +36.4