Christopher McNamara and Angela Carpenter were winners as Southdown Velo staged a time trial on the Goodwood Circuit on Sunday morning.
Held in the South Downs National Park just north of Chichester, the event took place over the unconventional 28-mile distance and it was McNamara who came out on top of the standings.
The Nuun-Sigma Sport-London rider stopped the clock in 1:04.32 for a comfortable victory and a winning margin of over a minute.
The 42-year-old veteran from Worthing has had a good 2017, adding this victory to a run of four straight that he picked up between June and August all over 10 miles.
Pat Wright (Paceline RT), despite being just over a minute down on the time of McNamara, was comfortable in second place with a three-minute gap to his nearest challenger.
That was Rich Hunt (Army Union Cycles), who completed the podium places in a time of 1:08.43.
Amongst the day’s early starters was Angela Carpenter of a3crg, and a time of 1:18.35 was enough to give her victory in the women’s competition on Sunday.
Carpenter, the veteran from just down the road in Chichester, was 19th in the overall standings and nearly six minutes quicker on the 28-mile course than her nearest challenger, teammate Sarah Matthews.
The evergreen Carpenter was victorious last time out in September too with a win at the New Forest CC 10, following a second place at the Paceline RT 10.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Christopher McNamara (Nuun-Sigma Sport-London RT) 1:04.32
2. Pat Wright (Paceline RT) 1:05.34
3. Rich Hunt (Army Cycling Union) 1:08.34
4. Howard Bayley (Blazing Saddles) 1:09.22
5. Alex Napier (Blazing Saddles) 1:09.48
6. Craig Wallington (Sarum Velo) 1:10.32
7. David Shepherd (GS Stella) 1:10.48
8. Andrew Thomas (a3crg) 1:12.50
9. David Dalton (Fareham Wheelers CC) 1:12.57
10. Ayrton Carlton (Beeston Cycling Club) 1:13.01
Woman: Angela Carpenter (a3crg) 1:18.35