David Crawley and Rebecca Holland were the respective men’s and women’s winners at the Rhos on Sea CC 10-mile event on Sunday morning in North Wales.
A field of over 80 competitors took to the course, the D10/15 running from St Asaph to Abergele and back on the A55.
Last to get his race underway, Crawley (Velotik Racing Team) put in an excellent ride to dip under the 19-minute mark by a single second and take victory at the death.
The 41-year-old from Manchester made it three open wins within the last month with success here, following on from triumphs at Seamons CC 25 and the Warrington RC 10 in July.
The last three riders to depart were all in the mix for the podium, with Phil Williams (Liverpool Phoenix) going into the lead in 19.07.
Penultimate rider Dan Evans was 23 seconds back when he crossed the line to go into second, but it was Crawley who powered through to put Williams and Evans into second and third respectively.
In the women’s competition, a commanding ride from Rebecca Holland saw her claim victory by a significant margin.
The Chester Road Club rider posted a time of 23.24, which was more than a minute and a half quicker than Sue Cunliffe (VC Melyd) and Kate Giddings (Liverpool Century CC), who both recorded 25 minutes flat to share second place.
Holland, 37 from Chester, was part of the Chester RC trio that finished second at the National Team time-trial and was also second on the D10/15 course in June, but she improved on her time from that event by over half a minute on Sunday.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. David Crawley (Velotik Racing Team) 18.59
2. Phil Williams (Liverpool Phoenix) 19.07
3. Dan Evans (Assos Equipe UK) 19.30
4. David Williams (Velotik Racing Team) 20.01
5. Jack Smith Keegan (Rhos on Sea CC) 20.03
6. Michael Lewis (Rhyl CC) 20.37
7. Steve Daintith (Coveryourcar.co.uk RT) 20.48
8. Kevin Larmer (Port Sunlight Wheelers) 20.58
9. James Smith (VCUK Velochampion RT) 21.20
10. Paul Grindley (Liverpool Century CC) 21.25
1. Rebecca Holland (Chester Road Club) 23.24
=2. Sue Cunliffe (VC Melyd) 25.00
=2. Kate Giddings (Liverpool Century CC) 25.00
Vets: David Crawley