There were some fast times at the 25-mile Matlock CC event near Darley Hillside on Sunday but Leon Wright of Race Hub was the fastest, clocking the second quickest time ever recorded on the course.
His time of 53.19 was enough to win the time trial but he had stiff competition in the form of Aaron Ward of Team Bottrill – HSS Hire who stormed round just 11 seconds shy of Wright’s time.
Ward was comfortable in second place with Wright’s team mate Chris Hine third in 54.55. There was then a bit of a gap to fourth place, occupied by Robert Fowler with a time of 59.27. Although it wasn’t enough to put Fowler on the podium, it was enough to secure the veteran prize.
Sally Maitland of Beeston CC clocked a time of 1:04.26 to win the women’s prize. Julie Lambourne of TFN Triathlon Club was second in 1:07.08 and third woman was Sue Dawson of Matlock CC in 1:08.34.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Leon Wright (Race Hub) 53.19
2. Aaron Ward (Team Bottrill – HSS Hire) 53.30
3. Chris Hine (Race Hub) 54.55
4. Robert Fowler (Rutland CC) 59.27
5. Ian Wroblewski (Lutterworth Cycle Center RT) 1:00.00
6. Alan Marsden (Matlock CC) 1:00.42
7. Chris Nicoll (Derby Triathlon Club) 1:00.48
8. Josh Eaton (Matlock CC) 1:02.14
9. Isaac Russell (Derby Mercury RC) 1:02.31
10. James Hargreaves (Kenilworth Wheelers) 1:02.47
Veteran: Robert Fowler
Woman: Sally Maitland (Beeston CC) 1:04.26