Derby Mercury CC’s James Tucker was victorious in the Peterborough CC 10, staged on the N1/10 course near Sawtry in Cambridgeshire on Saturday.
The 37-year-old from Huntingdon clocked 20.34 to win by eight seconds from Brett Harwood, while the promoting club’s James Gelsthorpe took third, more than a minute off Tucker’s impressive pace.
It was a marked improvement for Tucker, whose only other open TT appearance this season was in the Coalville Wheelers’ 10 back in February where he clocked 22-14 for the A10/34 Osgathorpe course.
In other categories, Harwood was the quickest of the veterans on both actual time and on age standard, while Brad Messenger (Nopinz) was fastest junior with a time of 23.29 giving his eighth spot overall.
Fastest female was Wendy Gooding (Team Bottrill-HSS Hire) who clocked 25.43 to win by 2-02 from Rebekah Summerell (Peterborough CC).
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. James Tucker (Derby Mercury CC) 20.34
2. Brett Harwood (Team Bottrill) 20.42
3. James Gelsthorpe (Peterborough CC) 21.38
4. Paul Pardoe (Peterborough CC) 22.00
5. C. Dyson (Leicester Forest CC) 22.16
6. John Pridham (TeamSpy) 22.35
7. Malcolm Smith (Peterborough CC) 22.56
8. Brad Messenger (NoPinz) 23.29
9. Matt Crabtree (Welland Valley CC) 23.36
10. Peter Kerry (Ipswich Velo) 23.39
Veterans: Brett Harwood
Juniors: Brad Messenger
Women: Wendy Gooding (Team Bottrill-HSS Hire) 25.43