Chris Smart of GTR and the Scottish Fire Service claimed his second victory in as many days, after adding the Emergency Services 25-mile title to his 10-mile crown from the previous day.
Smart, 35 and from Glasgow, won the race in Oxfordshire with a time of 52.06, beating veteran Simon Beldon of SSLL Racing team and West Yorkshire Police.
He was victorious by 11 seconds in the 10-mile race in Bedfordshire less than 24 hours earlier, but it was not quite so comfortable this time with Beldon a slender two seconds adrift.
The second place for Beldon marked his second podium of the weekend after finishing third in the 10-mile event, coming in half a minute clear of Pat Wright (Paceline RT and London Ambulance Service) in third.
It was also a double achievement for Liz Powell of Mike Vaughan Cycles and West Midlands Police, as she claimed consecutive best placed women’s results for the two events.
Powell clocked a time of 59.10, one of two women to go under the one-hour mark alongside Emma Lewis of Adalta CC and Kent Police.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Chris Smart (GTR) 52:06
2. S. Beldon (SSLL Racing Team) 52:08
3. P. Wright (Paceline RT) 52:38
4. R. Jennings (Army Cycling Union) 52:59
5. J. Lucock (Police Sport UK CRT) 54:04
6. A. Coffey (Alford Whs) 54:15
7. B. Buss (SSLL Racing Team) 55:03
8. M. Piper (Abellio - SF) 56:45
9. T. Wilkinson (Tyne & Wear Fire & Rescue CC) 57:06
10. E. Griffiths (Bynea Cycling Club) 57:10
Veteran: Simon Beldon (SSLL Racing Team) 52:08
Woman: Liz Powell