Taking victory by just five seconds, Courtney Blockley-Campton (Univ of Birmingham CC) took victory in Melton Olympic CC’s 25-mile time trial near Farndon in Nottinghamshire on Saturday.
Based in Burton upon Trent, Blockley-Campton stopped the clock in 52.14 to take the win ahead of Nick Cave (Lutterworth Cycle Centre) who was fifth in 2015, with Malcolm Smith (Peterborough CC) completing the podium in third, 30 seconds behind the race winner.
Having clocked 50.12 the previous weekend despite conditions not being perfect, Blockley-Campton bagged his first open win of the season after he mastered crosswinds on the course from East Stoke to Stragglethorpe and Farndon.
Meanwhile, Team Swift’s Michelle Morley was the fastest female with 1:04.18, which was almost two minutes quicker than her time in the same event last year. Second was Sarah Soden (Leicester Forest CC) with 1:05.26.
*All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Courtney Blockley-Campton (Univ of Birmingham CC) 52.14
2. Nick Cave (Lutterworth Cycle Centre) 52.19
3. Malcolm Smith (Peterborough CC) 52.44
4. G. Platts (Team Bottrill) 52.49
5. Shawn Gough (Tuxford Clarion) 53.51
6. Gareth Pymm (Team Bottrill) 53.56
1. Michelle Morley (Team Swift) 1:04.18
2. Sarah Soden (Leicester Forest CC) 1:05.26
3. Jessica Beyer-Lyons (Nottingham Clarion) 1:06.12