Lutterworth Cycle Centre Racing Team’s Lee Tunnicliffe returned to form with a fine victory at the Matlock 25 on the A25/12 at Darley Dale, Derbyshire on Sunday.
Tunnicliffe was almost a minute and a half ahead of closest challenger Chris Ward of Team Swift on the course the links Darley Dale and Bakewell, to claim a victory to go alongside the win he took at the BDCA in April.
Ward managed at recent fourth-place finish at the VTTA in April and made a significant improvement on that here, whilst Matt Ingram (Matlock CC) came in third on 58.50.
Richard Boot (RPD Racing) was fourth on 59:03, Steven Loraine (Team Swift) was fifth on 1:00.06 and the fastest woman was Emilie Verroken (Langsett Cycles Racing Team) on 1:03.27.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Lee Tunnicliffe (Lutterworth Cycle Centre Racing Team) 54.02
2. Chris Ward (Team Swift) 56.25
3. Matt Ingram (Matlock CC) 58.50
4. Richard Boot (R P D Racing) 59.03
5. Steven Loraine (Team Swift) 01:00.06
6. Alan Tunnicliffe (South Normanton C C) 57.45
7. Kevin Lee (R P D Racing) 01:00.36
8. Alan Marsden (Matlock CC) 01:01.19
9. Chris Watts (Matlock CC) 01:02.56
10. Emilie Verroken (Langsett Cycles Race Team) 01:03.27