Phil Williams (Liverpool Phoenix CC) took victory in the Leigh Premier RC time trial, which was run over a 10-mile course at Rainford instead of the planned 25-mile event.
30-year-old Williams clocked 20.10 to win by nine seconds on the D10/1 from Team Swift rival Mark Nulty, while the podium was rounded off by Tony Darbyshire (Wigan Wheelers) who was another five seconds off the pace.
There was a tie for fourth spot betweern Cleveleys RC rider David Turner and Chris Southworth (The Nab Racing) who both clocked 21.27, while sixth spot went to Andrew Connery (Liverpool Phoenix CC) who was another ten seconds back.
Becky Lewis (Wrexham RC) was the fastest female with 22.41, while David Turner was the fastest veteran rider.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Phil Williams (Liverpool Phoenix Aintree CC) 20.10
2. Mark Nulty (Team Swift) 21.19
3. Tony Darbyshire (Wigan Wheelers) 21.24
=4. Chris Southworth (The Nab Racing) 21.27
=4. David Turner (Cleveleys RC) 21.27
6. Andrew Connery (Liverpool Phoenix Aintree CC) 21.37
7. Sean McGovern (Catford CC) 21.45
8. Peter Ware (St Helens CRC) 21.46
9. Matthew Stell (Ribble Valley CRC) 21.48
10. Adrian Hughes (Seamons CC) 21.49
Women: Becky Lewis (Wrexham RC) 22.41
Veterans: David Turner