Event Headquarters: A5 Rangers CC Clubrooms, Watling Street, Towcester NN12 6AG
No parking on any part of the course.
This event is a counting event for the following categories of the N&DCA Time Trial Series Championships, Overall, Ladies, Junior, Veteran and Team.
Notes to Riders:
1) The start is approx. 5 miles from the event headquarters by the most direct route. Riders are advised to allow enough time to reach the start. A map of the available routes will be on display at the clubrooms.
2) Riders are reminded to ride at all times safely and in accordance with the Highway Code. The onus is on the rider to stay on course. Please read the course description carefully. Take care through Moreton Pinkney, there are a series of sharp bends through the village and the possibility of parked cars. Please be aware of the sharp left hand bend shortly after the finish. Northampton Police stress that all competitors are made aware of the need for good behaviour and consideration towards other road users and local residents in order to avoid any complaints being received.
3) In the interests of your own safety, Cycling Time Trials & the event promoters strongly advise you to wear a hard shell helmet which meets International safety standards. In accordance with Regulation 15 all junior & juvenile competitors must wear Protective Hard Shell Helmets. It is recommended that a working rear light, either flashing or constant, is fitted to your machine in a position visible to following road users and is active while the machine is in use.
4) Numbers will be available at the event headquarters where you should remember to sign on.
5) Toilet facilities are provided in the event headquarters and should be used. The event headquarters will be open from 12.00 noon.
6) PLEASE NOTE: EVENT HQ IS DIFFERENT TO LAST YEAR AND IS SOME DISTANCE FROM THE START. For the location of the clubrooms, go to the A5 Rangers C website. Go to 'About Us' then 'Clubrooms' and click on the address to go to the Google Map location.
7) Parking: There is limited parking at the clubrooms. There is free public parking in Towcester but Richmond Road Car Park has a height restriction barrier. If parking close to the start area, please park sensibly on the road between Cold Higham and the Foxley crossroads.
8) Any rider performing a U-turn within sight of the start or finish may be disqualified. (Regulation 38)
9) Etiquette: Please do not warm up on the course after the event has started. Please avoid riding past the timekeeper unless racing.