Belsay First School, Belsay will be open from 9am. There is very limited parking at the school – additional parking is available in the lay-by near the start and surrounding lanes (Please respect access to houses). Numbers at the HQ – please return your number to the HQ afterwards.
INSTRUCTIONS TO RIDERS
• All vehicles of competitors / officials / marshals to be parked safely and without hindrance to other road users.
• No U turns to be made by riders in the vicinity of the timekeeper at the start.
• Riders take extra care at T-junctions, right hand turns, on several steep descents with bends, and through built-up areas.
• No dismounting by riders in finishing area.
• Please note the following District Regulation: At the right hand turn in/near to Scots Gap, riders must keep to their side of the road and not cut across the road markings for traffic arriving from the junction on the right. Any rider cutting across the road markings will be immediately disqualified from the event.
• Please shout your number as you pass the finishing timekeeper.
Time checks at the bottom and top of Bilsmoor.
In the interests of your own safety, Cycling Time Trials and the event promoters strongly advise you to wear a HARD SHELL HELMET that meets an internationally accepted safety standard.
All competitors under the age of 18 years and/or Juniors must wear a Protective Hard Shell Helmet.
It is recommended that a working rear light, either flashing or constant, is fitted to the machine in a position visible to following road users and is active while the machine is in use.
If you find that you can no longer ride, please contact the Mountain Time Trial Secretary on firstname.lastname@example.org or text 0796 795 6165 as soon as possible, in order that one of the reserves can be allocated a ride.
Please note that riders with numbers 121 – 128 are RESERVES and will be contacted as soon as possible if, and when, place becomes available.