Course Code: WE25/01
• Start just south of Eddleston Village Hall at junction
of Station Road with A703
• Ride for 1.6km north on the A703 until left turn onto
Shiplaw Road (signed Shiplaw Lamancha).
• Carry on for 5.5km (this stretch includes the Shiplaw
climb which is approx 1.3km and 5.1% gradient)
to left turn at Whim onto A701. (Give way at junction.)
• Carry straight on the A701 through Lamancha
to Romannobridge for 7.4km.
• Continue straight on the A701 for 3.7km
to Blyth Bridge.
• Exiting Blyth Bridge turn left climbing uphill onto
the A72 (signed Galashiels Peebles A72).Remain on the A72 for 8.4km to turn left onto
unclassified road (signed Eddleston via Meldons).
• Ride from Lyne riverside through the Meldons for
• Entering Eddleston, turn left into the grounds
of Barony Castle.
• Final climb up to Black Barony Castle 0.5km average 6.3% gradient.
Approx distance 25 Miles
- Category Distance