Open from 11.00
The 'Fighting Cocks' PH London Road Wendens Ambo SAFFRON WALDEN CB11 4JN
Cycling Time Trials Board Representative
Mr Paul Thomson
Notes to competitors.
Numbers Championship Condition 2 (j)
Competitors must only use the numbers supplied by the event organiser. Body numbers should be fitted in accordance with Regulation 16. Arm numbers should be fitted to the upper arms facing forwards.
Use of Motor vehicles
This event is UNDER 100km.
You should not be preceded, accompanied, followed by or in anyway receive assistance from a motorised vehicle.
This event may be subject to a Doping Control
As soon as you have finished you should return to the event HQ as it is your responsibility to check if you are required for Doping Control.
Race numbers required for Doping Control will be displayed at the HQ adjacent to the result board.
If your number is displayed you should report immediately to Doping Control which will be nearby.
Remember, it is up to you to check and ensure that you comply.
If required you must report to Doping Control as soon after finishing without delay.
LONDON EAST LOCAL REGULATIONS:
1) NO 'IT TURNS are allowed within sight of either the start or finish areas. Riders carrying out this dangerous manoeuvre are liable for disqualification from the event and further disciplinary action by the CTT District Committee.
2) Body and arm numbers will be situated in the HQ.
3) IN THE INTERESTS OF YOUR OWN SAFETY, Cycling Time Trials and the Event Promoters strongly advise you to wear a HARD SHELL HELMET that meets an Internationally accepted Safety Standard. All competitors under the age of 18 years and/or Juniors must wear a properly affixed helmet. As per Regulation 15. CTT recommend that a working rear light, either flashing or constant, is fitted to the machine in a position visible to following road users and is active whilst the machine is in use.
E15/25 COURSE DETAILS
START (GR TL507363) on B1039 50 yards west of M11 overbridge by track to Chinnel Barn. Proceed west on B1039 to turn right (M-CARE) into Heydon Rd at crossroads in Gt Chishill, shortly turn left (M) into New Rd. Continue to turn left (M) at T junction onto B1368. Continue through Barley and Barkway to Hare Street where left (M) onto B1038. Continue on B1038 to Wicken Bonhunt to FINISH (GR TL504337) at large layby at top of climb after derestriction signs at far end of Village. CARRY ON after finishing to Newport, where turn left onto B1383 and follow for 1 mile to arrive back at Fighting Cocks PH which will be on your right.
ORGANISERS NOTES: PLEASE READ!!
1) Parking - There is ample parking at the HQ - if we park sensibly! There will be two parking stewards in the car park at all times, please follow their instructions. We do have some overflow parking should we need it, if that is the case the parking stewards will give you directions.
2) Course - The course is a mixture of 'B' roads and unclassified lanes. All the secondary roads are however relatively wide and well surfaced. There are of course some pot holes which will be marked with coloured paint. Generally the roads are extremely quiet and you can safely ride the racing line. ALL riders need to be aware of the right turn in Great Chishill where extreme caution needs to be exercised.
3) Terrain - Given that we are in Essex and Hertfordshire the course can only be described as 'rolling' so no special gears are required. There are several 'killer' drags on the circuit to brighten your day and with a bit of wind this should have a suitably debilitating effect on all competitors! Good luck!
4) Accommodation - Often overlooked, The East Herts / North Essex area is a buzzing tourist hotspot offering a wealth of local accommodation to suit all tastes and pockets. Those coming from afar might consider the towns of Bishops Stortford, Sawston, Boyston or Cambridge. The usual internet based search methods or the local tourist offices will open the way to the real heart
5) Refreshments - The 'Fighting Cocks' will be open all day offering hot and cold drinks and hot and cold food. There will be a BBQ running all afternoon and up until the prize presentation. Following the presentation the pub will continue to serve traditional pub food and the party atmosphere should continue late into the night!
6) Body number and double arm numbers must be worn by all competitors.