Event HQ signing on, parking and prize giving:
Open from 6pm - allow 15mins to ride to start
Pit House Lane – Lumley
Loop x 2
· Start at the Three Horse Shoes pub, Pit House Lane, Leamside, between West Rainton and Great Lumley. Proceed north to turn 1st left into Lumley (Riders take CARE). Proceed west to turn left (Riders take CARE) at school in southerly direction to T-junction (Cocken Woods). Turn left (Riders take CARE), proceed over motorway, and turn left (Riders take CARE) at junction to Three Horse Shoes pub. DO TWO LAPS.
· Vehicles of competitors / officials / marshals / helpers to be parked safely and without hindrance to other road users.
· No car parking in Three Horse Shoes pub car park, at the start or on the course– could lead to disqualification
· No U-turns to be made in the vicinity of the timekeeper.
· No dismounting in finishing area, continue to suitable turning point past 3 horse shoes pub
· Care by riders on left hand turns, especially in wet or slippery conditions
· Care by riders on bends on descent to Finchale, especially in wet or slippery conditions
· As always obey normal road rules and in particular do not cross white lane when entering or leaving junctions and signal on approach to junctions before swinging left.
· Do not overtake slower raiders on blind points and do not slow them after overtaking.Please do not stand, leave bikes or park on pavement between start and pub (it blocks view of cars leaving the pub). We depend on the goodwill of the neighbours and the pub to continue time trials on this course.
Heads up and have safe ride!Prize list
Fastest Time = £16 2nd = £13 3rd = £10
Vets on Standard
1st = £15 2nd = £12 3rd = £9
age <21 age < 40 age > 40 < 60
age, > 60
each 1st = £11 2nd = £7
1st = £16
One rider one prize
Prize giving at Houghton Rugby Club approx 8.30pm - no handicaps to calculate so should not take long!
Northumberland & Durham Cycling Association Best All Rounder 2013
This event is a counting event in the N&DCA BAR for 2013. In order to be eligible for BAR points your club or team must have affiliated to the N&DCA before the day of the race, if it has not done so already. For information on how to do this, further information and current standings please visit www.nanddca.org.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org.