Event promoted for and on behalf of Cycling Time Trials under their Rules and regulations
Guernsey Velo Club
GHS District Championships
9.5 mile Time Trial
Saturday 18th June
Start: 06:30 am Course: PGUERN
Event HQ: Surfers Car Park on Vazon Rd.
Event Secretary: Gary Walbridge
les Avants, Route des Landes, Vale, Guernsey GY3 5JJ
Tel: 01481 241075 Mob: 07781 106768
Mr Gary Wallbridge and Mr Allan Renyard
Important - please read
THE FOLLOWING National and local CTT regulations
1. No ‘warming up’ by competitors is allowed along any part of the designated course after the event has started. You can warm up South of Vazon bay.
2. NO “U” TURNS are allowed within sight of either the start or finishing points. Riders carrying out this dangerous manoeuvre are liable to disqualification from the event and further disciplinary action by the District Committee.
3. When starting, pay attention to traffic travelling North along coast road and give way if necessary.
4. No riders will be allowed into the Start area prior to 5 minutes of their Start Time.
5. No vehicles are to stop or park on road or verges at Start or Finish. Spectators are able to park in Rue du Crocq.
6. Riders are reminded that dropping litter (such as energy gel wrappers) is a criminal offence and offenders will also be liable to disciplinary action by the District Committee.
7. IN THE INTERESTS OF YOUR OWN SAFETY, HARD SHELL SAFETY HELMET that meets an internationally accepted safety standard must be worn by all competitors. In accordance with Regulation 15 ALL competitors under the age of 18 years and/or Juniors must wear Protective Hard Shell Helmets. It is strongly recommended that a working front and rear light, either flashing or constant, is fitted to the machine in a position visible to road users and is active whilst the machine is in use.
8. Riders’ body numbers will be available at event HQ and must be signed for personally after reading any special course instructions. All riders must sign on.
9. As soon as you have finished you should return your number to the event HQ.
…And remember Head down riding kills!
Race Headquarters details.
The race headquarters are in the Surfers car park on Vazon road. Sign on will open at 5:50 am and will close at 6:10 am.
Details of course.
Start will be at the bus stop markings at the South end of Vazon bay at the top of the slip to the beach and just by the entrance to Rue du Crocq. From the start continue North along the coast road for approximately 4.8 miles to La Route de Picquerel, turn right into Rue du Houmet (give a clear hand signal when turning right) (marshalled). Continue on Rue du Houmet to the T junction, turn right onto Houmet Lane (marshalled). Continue along Houmet Lane to junction turn left onto coast road (marshalled), please look for traffic coming from the right as you turn onto the main road. Continue South along coast road returning to finish at the South end of Vazon bay in line with warning sign for ‘Left Hand Bend’.
There will also be marshals at the two ‘Filter in Turn’ junctions along the Cobo coast road and also at the junction by the Cobo Butchers at Grandes Rocques.
Results will be read out in the Surfers car park immediately after the race. Refreshments we will be available at Vistas after the event.