The King’s School, Fence Avenue, Macclesfield
Welcome to the 2012 Cat and Fiddle Hill Climb event, promoted by WVCC in its Golden Jubilee year.
The Hill Climb event first ran in 1998 and has been proud to host the National Hill Climb Championships in 2002. Over the years we have seen the fields increase phenomenally from about 40 riders to a capacity field of 150 this year.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR EVENT!
This is a special year for Weaver Valley, and to commemorate the 50th anniversary of our inauguration as a club, every rider will be presented with a mug to take home, and enjoy that all important cup of tea! Additional mugs will be available to buy at £2.50 each – first come first served!
We welcome all riders of all standards, and their families to our event and you are welcome to enjoy the refreshments at HQ afterwards, in fact, please do, otherwise we will have to take all the cakes home and eat them ourselves.
• WE HAVE A FULL FIELD AND A RESERVE LIST – IF YOU WILL NOT BE STARTING, PLEASE LET STEVE KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SO THAT EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO RIDE, CAN DO SO.
• Refreshments will be available at the headquarters.
• Changing facilities, including showers, are available at the headquarters
• Numbers and signing on will be at the HQ. The HQ will open at 9:00am.
• Please remember to return your number at the end of the event and collect your commemorative mug.
• No parking at the start.
• Avoid the use of “U” turns. Any competitor infringing traffic regulations will be liable to disqualification and may be reported to the District Committee for further disciplinary action.
• After passing the finish continue for 300m to an unclassified road on the left where it will be safer to stop to turn round.
• No parking at the Cat & Fiddle car park, it is for patrons only.
• Riders must exercise care at all times.
• Observers will be present at the event.
• Do not disturb or obstruct the timekeeper at the finish.
IN THE INTERESTS OF YOUR OWN SAFETY
Cycling Time Trials and the event promoters strongly advise you to wear a HARD SHELL HELMET that meets an internationally accepted safety standard.
In accordance with Regulation 15 ALL JUNIOR competitors must wear Protective Hard Shell Helmets.
It is recommended that a working rear light, either flashing or constant, is fitted to the machine in a position visible to following road users and is active whilst the machine is in use