Goostrey Village Hall, CW4 8PE (OS 118 ref. 775770) open from 09:15.
From Holmes Chapel, go north about 2m on A50, turn R into Goostrey Lane, to Goostrey. HQ on right opposite ‘The Crown’ .
Directions to the start:
From the HQ, turn right out of the HQ, left at the Church, bear right at a Y and continue on this lane keeping Jodrell Bank telescope on your right until you reach the start.
Directions from the finish:
Continue 1.5m on A50. Turn left into New Platt Lane and continue about 1m. Turn left into Main Rd. to centre of Goostrey.
1. No parking at the start or finish. Vehicles must not be parked, however briefly, in any part of the access area to Mount Pleasant Nursing Home, opposite the finish.
2. Riders must not stop at the finish but should continue on to the event headquarters where times will be displayed.
3. Riders must negotiate Chelford Island in a safe and sensible manner in accordance with CTT Reg. 20 and the rules of the road.
4. Riders must be able to brake and stop at the island if traffic conditions require this. Riders MUST NOT approach and encircle the island using tri-bars. Remember - traffic on the island has priority over traffic (including riders) entering it. Any rider seen to be in breach of this regulation will be disqualified from the event and may be reported for further disciplinary action.
5. Care At Road Junctions. Riders must exercise care at all junctions. Any competitor whose riding line causes him/her to cross the white line when approaching or leaving a junction will be liable to disqualification and may be reported to the District Committee for further disciplinary action.
6. Riders must take extra care when exiting from Seven Sisters Lane onto the A50. Observers will report riders who breach this rule.
7. Riders must take care when turning left into Seven Sisters Lane and Twemlow Lane not to swing right into the path of following traffic.
8. Be aware that there is a double bend shortly after turning into Twemlow Lane at Cranage. Riders need to anticipate this and be prepared to negotiate it in a safe manner. In wet weather the metal covers and edges become a skid risk. Please take care.
9. IN THE INTERESTS OF YOUR OWN SAFETY, Cycling Time Trials and the event promoters strongly advise you to wear a HARD SHELL HELMET that meets an internationally accepted safety. In accordance with Regulation 15 ALL JUNIOR & JUVENILE competitors must wear Protective Hard Shell Helmets.
10. It is recommended that a working rear light, either flashing or constant, is fitted to the machine in a position visible to following road users and is active whilst the machine is in use.
1. Riders must sign the signing on sheet and collect their number at the HQ before starting. The HQ will open at 9.15
2. Riders must return their number to the HQ after riding.
3. Refreshments will be available at the HQ after the event.
4. The HQ will be shared with a dance lesson in the morning so please be considerate of this when changing.