27/08/12 - Essex Roads CC 25
Headquarters: The Chelmer Cycling Club clubroom -
EVENT H.Q. The Chelmer Cycling Club clubroom, Meteor Way, off Waterhouse Lane, Chelmsford Essex
NOTE Car parking is available in the Council Car Park in Meteor Way, which is free for this Event,thanks to Chelmsford Borough Council.
ROUTE to the START, which is about 2 miles from the HQ - Turn right out of Meteor Way into Waterhouse Lane, continue to traffic lights a junction with Parkway. Turn left into Rainsford Road (A1060). which goes into Roxwell Road and continue past Lordship Road to start.
NOTES FOR COMPETITORS
** COVERED BY LE LOCAL REGULATIONS**
- Riders' body numbers and signing on sheet will be at the event H.Q. **
- Toilets are available for both sexes - please use these facilities
- The results board, numbers and refreshments are available in the hall
- ALL competitors parking must be at HQ
- **In respect of consideration for local residents the use of static trainers, e.g. turbo trainers, is FORBIDDEN within 100ft of residential housing**
- No warming up is allowed along the course after the event has started.
- **Any rider making a 'U' turn or othewise acting dangerously in sight of the start or the finish will be liable to disqualification and will be reported to the District Secretary.**
- NO PARKING in the area of the start, on the A1060 except for Officials' cars.
- Competitors waiting at the start must stand on the grass verge not on the road and please be quiet.
- GREAT CARE MUST BE TAKEN at the right turn at Leaden Roding. Riders must indicate their intention before entering the RAB and GIVE WAY IF NECESSARY to any traffic from the right **Any rider passing to the right of the painted circle at Leaden Roding mini roundabout will be disqualified from the event and reported to the District Secretary for consideration of disciplinary action.**
Take extreme care when riding through High Roding village due to parked cars and residential exits.
At the turn, in Dunmow, give way if necessay and take care, as it is a tight RAB with a poor suface.
Riders after finishing must continue along A1060 to the event HQ do not stop to query times as the space on the verge is limited.
NO PARKING in the finish area, on A1060, except for event officials.
HELMETS - In the interests of your own safety, Cycling Time Trials and the Essex Roads
Cycling Club strongly advise you to wear a HARD SHELL HELMET that meets internationally accepted safety standards.
All competitors under the age of 19 on 31st December next must wear a properly affixed protective helmet of a hard/soft shell construction.
The use of a flashing REAR light while competing is also recommended.
Note: There is a Car Boot Sale at Boyton Hall Showground. Be careful of cars turning right on your way out (after about 2 miles) and left into the entrance on your way back.