HQ :– lay-by on Nannypie Lane, Sizergh LA8 8DZ (Signed off A590 “Sizergh Castle”)
COMPETITORS PLEASE NOTE:-
• IN THE INTEREST OF YOUR OWN SAFETY Cycling Time Trials and the event promoters strongly advise you to wear a HARD SHELL HELMET that meets an internationally accepted safety standard.
• In accordance with Regulation 15 ALL JUNIOR COMPETITORS MUST WEAR PROTECTIVE HARD SHELL HELMETS.
• It is recommended that a working rear light, either flashing or constant, is fitted to the machine in a position visible to following road users and is active whilst the machine is in use.
• Do not forget to sign on when you collect your number, a copy of the risk assessment is available upon request.
• The numbers & results board will all be available on the old road signposted “SIZERGH CASTLE” off the A590 approx 150 yards South West of roundabout junction with A591.
• Please return your number to the results board when you have finished your ride. Unfortunately we cannot provide toilet facilities or refreshments.
Warning to riders:
Riders must not attempt to cross the dual carriageway at any point.
Take particular care at slip road on left where A6 joins the A590 at bottom of hill.
Take particular care at Meathop roundabout.
The following Local Regulations have been approved by the National Committee in accordance with Regulation 38. Any breaches may lead to disciplinary action being taken.
Local Reg No 5.
In All events, competitors prior to starting are not permitted to ride past the finish timekeeper during the duration of the event.
Local Reg No 6
Any competitor making a U turn in the vicinity of the start or finish will be disqualified from the event.
Local Reg No 10
Course L1015- Warming up on the course is not permitted during the duration of the event.
Local Reg No 12
No parking on the car park or the frontage of the Strickland Arms.
In addition to the above.
Any competitor who crosses the centre barrier WILL BE DISQUALIFIED from the event.
When leaving the HQ area riders must turn left onto the A590 and proceed via the roundabout to the start.
Riders must give their number at the finish & elsewhere on the course if requested.
Riders must NOT STAND in the road at the start or finish. (This constitutes obstruction & is a breach of Regulations.)
Riders must NOT ride with their heads down.
The large number of entries will mean that parking space will be under pressure. Please park with consideration to other riders and other road users, remember the HQ area is in a lay by on a public road. To maintain our good relationship with the owners and staff at the Strickland Arms strict observance of regulation 12 is expected from all riders and spectators. Over the period of the race the coming and going of riders should ensure sufficient parking for all. It would help considerably if riders do not arrive too soon for the later starts and early starters depart a soon as possible.
Please do not park in lay bys on A590 or on the old A6.