The signing-on sheet, competitors' numbers and the result board will be available from 9:30 a.m in the Public Car Park (now Pay and Display and it is checked on Sundays!), Padiham Road, Sabden (Opposite the White Hart Pub). Do not park on the course (Clitheroe Road) and please park with consideration for others. There are small car parks at the top and 1/3 the way up the hill. Riders should take particular care on the lower part of the course because the road is often narrowed by residents’ cars, parked at the roadside. Other hazards are the cattle grid (mid-course) and sheep on the road. Finally, please descend carefully. The prizes will be presented at the end of the event at the result board.
1. Riders making U-turns in the vicinity of the start or finish will be disqualified from the event.
2. Riders must not stand in the road at the start or finish. (This constitutes an obstruction and is a breach of regulations).
3. Riders must give their number at the finish and elsewhere on the course when requested.
4. Riders, prior to starting are not permitted to ride past the finish timekeeper within the duration of the event.
5. Riders must not ride with their heads down.
6. Riders’ support vehicles must not traverse the course within the duration of the event.
7. Riders must keep to the left-hand side of the road except when overtaking. Failure to comply may lead to disqualification.
All competitors under the age of 18 and /or JUNIORS must wear a HELMET of HARD/SOFT SHELL construction that conforms to a recognised standard (see Regulation 15). Cycling Time Trials strongly recommends ALL competitors to wear such a helmet. CTT recommends that a working rear light, either flashing or constant, is fitted to the machine in a position clearly visible to following road users and is active whilst the machine is in use.