HEADQUARTERS & PARKING: Event HQ is SHAROW VILLAGE HALL. (approx. 2.5 miles west of the start on the Ripon Road, on the northern side of the road, between Sharow village and the Ripon by-pass).Signing-on sheet, numbers and Results Board will be located here (Hall open from 07.00). A changing area, toilets and showers are available. Refreshments are also available – please return your number here for a free drink after your ride. There is ample parking at the HQ either on the hard standing in front of the hall, or on the grass along the fence bordering the road. Please do not park in any other areas. DO NOT PARK OR DRIVE ON THE CRICKET FIELD! Do not park on the roads in the village.
There is NO PARKING available near the start, or finish,
except for Officials.
There is to be NO PARKING IN DISHFORTH AREA, or in Rainton Lane – POLICE REQUEST. Nearest parking is on slip-road from A168 towards Asenby.
To get to the Start – turn left out of the gate and proceed east through Sharow village for approx. 2.5 miles. Allow plenty of time to get to the start.
1. There are houses near the event HQ. Please keep noise to a minimum and do not disturb local residents. Remember that noise travels easily on a quiet Sunday morning!
2. Turbo-trainers must not be used within 150yds of any occupied property. If you are parked close to housing then set up your turbo in the area near to the hall itself.
3. Ensure that your body number is worn below the waist where it can be seen from vehicles approaching from your rear.
4. The road at the start area is narrow and twisting. Keep close in to the side of the road when awaiting your start.
5. NO U-TURNS IN THE VICINITY OF THE START.
Please note that marshals are only to indicate your direction, and not to control traffic in your favour. At each junction it is your responsibility to ensure that it is safe to proceed. Keep your heads up, and keep to the left of the carriageway
IN THE INTEREST OF YOUR OWN SAFETY
CYCLING TIME TRIALS, AND THE EVENT PROMOTERS, STRONGLY ADVISE YOU TO WEAR A HARD SHELL HELMET THAT MEETS AN INTERNATIONALLY ACCEPTED SAFETY STANDARD.
NB: HARD SHELL HELMETS ARE COMPULSORY FOR JUNIORS AND RIDERS AGED UNDER 18 YEARS
It is recommended that a working rear light, either flashing or constant, is fitted to the machine in a position clearly visible to following road users, and is active whilst the machine is in use.