11/08/12 - Manchester Whs 50
Headquarters: Forsbrook and Blythe Bridge Village Hall HQ - ST11 9NT
Forsbrook and Blythe Bridge Village Hall HQ, ST11 9NT
1. DO NOT PARK near the start/finish area – there is plenty of parking at the HQ
2. Numbers available at HQ where RIDERS MUST SIGN ON
3. No U-Turns on the course or at the start or finish area
4. Head up riding at all times, observers are being used during this event, dangerous riding is endangering the future of our sport. Please ensure extra care is taken on all slip roads and round-a-bouts, especially in case of bad weather.
5. Results will be displayed at the HQ, do not bother the timekeeper
6. Riders must exercise care at all road junctions. Any competitor who’s riding line causes him/her to cross the white line when approaching or leaving a junction will be liable to disqualification from the event and may be reported to the District Committee for further disciplinary action
7. A competitor who swings out to the right before executing a left turn should ensure that the road behind is clear of traffic before doing so. This practice not encouraged by the District Committee and competitors who ride in this manner are warned that in many circumstances this maneuver will be regarded as contravention of Regulation 47(i), (iii) & (v).
8. Cycling Time Trials and the event organizers strongly advise you to wear a HARD SHELL HELMET that meets an internationally accepted safety standard. In accordance with regulation 15 ALL JUNIOR competitors must wear Protective Hard Shell Helmets.
9. It is strongly recommended that a WORKING REAR LIGHT, either flashing or constant, is fitted to the machine in a position visible to following road users and is active whilst the machine is in use.
10. Thank you to all riders for supporting our event, we hope you will have a safe and successful ride.