07/10/12 - Fibrax Wrexham Hill Climb
Headquarters: The Ponderosa cafe -
Event HQ :
The Ponderosa cafe on the A452 at the summit of the Horseshoe Pass.
Ample parking is available opposite the Ponderosa Café. Parking is also available in the long lay-by near the finish board.
PLEASE USE THESE CAR PARKS RATHER THAN THE CAFÉ’S CAR PARK AS THIS IS FOR CUSTOMERS ONLY.
Race numbers :
YOUR RACE NUMBER MUST BE COLLECTED FROM THE EVENT HQ
Ensure that you allow sufficient time to SIGN-ON and collect and pin on your race number before descending approximately 3 miles to the start. If you wish to take additional clothing down to the start it can be transported back to the event HQ and returned to you when you hand your race number.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS TO ALL COMPETITORS;
1. Park vehicles off the road near the event HQ. DO NOT PARK ANYWHERE ON THE COUSRE AT OR NEAR THE BRITANNIA INN
2. “ Cycling Time Trials “ and the event promoters INSIST that all juvenile and junior riders and STRONGLY ADVISE that all other competitors WEAR A HARD SHELL HELMET THAT MEETS WITH AN INTERNATIONALLY ACCEPTED SAFETY STANDARD
3. Do not exceed any U-turns on the public highway
4. Ride entirely alone and unassisted, keeping to the correct side of the road throughout the event. (Observers will be posted at strategic points)
5. Do not stop by the timekeeper at the finish, as times will not be available there.
6. The result board will be inside the event HQ.