Shropshire Cycling Clubs Association on behalf of Liverpool District Council presents the
RTTC National 100 Mile Time Trial Championship
Promoted for and on behalf of Cycling Time Trials under their Rules and Regulations and Championship Conditions.
Sunday 8th July 2012
Time of start 6.01am
Incorporating the Tricycle Association 100 Mile Championship
The Brian Mear (Bricks) Ltd Shropshire Championship 100
The West Cheshire Time Trial Cycling Association 100 Mile Championship
Tilstock Bradbury Village Hall, Tilstock, Near Whitchurch, Shropshire, SY13 3LP.
The headquarters are approximately 4 miles from the start and will be open from 5am.
Directions to the HQ – from Prees Island proceed north on the dual carriageway towards Chester, and immediately turn left onto the unclassified road signposted Tilstock (before you pass the Raven Hotel). The HQ is approximately 1 mile on the right in Tilstock Village.
Please park considerately. Car park marshals will be in attendance. Alternative parking is available in the village adjacent to the Church, or on the Truck Stop at Prees Island.
Refreshments will be available from the HQ during and after the event.
Please refrain from wearing cycling shoes inside the village hall.
Directions to start from HQ: turn left out of HQ. Turn right just before the dual carriageway onto the link road that services the Midway Truck Stop, Raven Café and the Petrol Filling Station. Turn right onto the A49 and ride along the A49 for three miles. Turn right into Prees Village. The start is on the junction for Prees Village.
Event details and guidelines:
• Sign on and collect your number at the headquarters. Competitors must only use the numbers supplied by the event organiser, both body and arm numbers will be used for this event. Please ensure that the body number is clearly visible from behind and fixed in accordance with Regulation 16. Arm numbers should be fitted to the upper arm facing forwards.
• A notice identifying any issues associated with the event that have been identified on the day, which may affect competitors, will be displayed by the sign on sheet.
• No cars, other than event officials are to be parked at the start or finish.
• No U turns at the start or finish.
• No warming up on the course after the event has started. Whilst riding to the start competitors will cross the course, please be considerate of competitors who have started.
• In the interests of your own safety, Cycling Time Trials and the event promoters strongly advise you to wear a HARD SHELL HELMET that meets an internationally accepted safety standard.
• In accordance with Regulation 15 ALL JUNIOR competitors must wear Protective Helmets.
• It is recommended that a working rear light, either flashing or constant, is fitted to the machine in a position visible to following road users and is active whilst the machine is in use.
• Ride safely, with your head up at all times.
• Use of Motor Vehicles: Regulation 22 (c) defines the assistance a competitor may receive from a vehicle and its occupants along the course. Competitors and their helpers should read, understand and obey it.
• Once finished the course riders and their support vehicles must continue on the A49 and turn left into Manor House Lane, where you can turn and proceed back to the HQ.
Officials and Guests:
Mrs Gill Morrison
Mr Brian Morrison
Mr Keith Orum
Mr Edwin Hargraves (50 miles)
Marshalls/helpers Members, family and friends of SCCA, WCTTCA, TA clubs and Liverpool DC.
Guest: Mrs Christine Roberts who has been Ladies National 100 champion 3 times, 1987, 1990 and 1994. Christine also holds the Ladies 24 hour record set in 1993 with 461.45 miles, a record which has stood for 19 years.
Communication Co-ordinator: Mr Keith Lawton
CTT Representative: Mrs Sheila Hardy, Cycling Time Trials Chairman
Photography: The official photographer for this event is Kimroy Photography. Prints will be available to view and purchase at:
Thanks to Keith and Brenda Robins of Beekay Products for the donation of the Champions Caps
National awards will be presented after the event, at approximately 1pm.
N.B. Riders 2 – 5 are taking part in the Tricycle Association 100 Mile Championship, which is a separate event run by Edwin Hargraves.