Event Headquarters and Parking
Stone Village Hall (GL13 9LE) - available from 14.00.
The village of Stone is on the A38 just north of M5 Junction 14. In the village, take the minor road signed to “Lower Stone”, (first left after the petrol station if coming from the south, second left after the church if coming from the north). The village hall is almost immediately on the right. Grid Ref ST 683 952)
Parking at the Village Hall, or in the layby on the A38 just south of the petrol station. Toilets and
changing in the Village Hall.
Directional signs will be placed along the course to help riders. Marshalls will also be at key points. However, riders should also read the course details carefully to ensure they are familiar with the course.
On the outbound leg of the course, please be aware of the poor road surface at the Berkeley Heath junction (approx 2.5 miles from the start), and also be aware that vehicles (including HGVs) may be turning across your path, or turning into / out of the petrol station.
Please also take extra care at the turning point (Slimbridge Roundabout), which can be very busy. Whilst there will be marshals at the roundabout, it is each rider’s own responsibility to negotiate the roundabout safely, paying attention to traffic from all directions.
The Police have requested that inconvenience to the public and other road users be kept to a minimum.
Riders are asked to take great care and, in particular, note the following points:
• To avoid congestion at the start please queue in single file.
• Please do not make ‘U’ turns at either the start or finish.
• Please avoid making any other unnecessary ‘U’ turns on the A38 and adjoining roads.
• Please be considerate to other road users including horses and riders.
• Please take care at all the roundabouts and junctions. In particular, riders are asked to note that the road narrows on the approach to the car auctions on the A38 (north of Berkeley Road) and to be aware of traffic turning into the car auctions premises.
• Please be aware of the surroundings and other road users at the finish.
• With the condition of many roads across the country a concern, please be extra careful.
Dangerous riding will result in disqualification. Please keep your head up for a safe ride. Cycling Time Trials recommends that competitors wear a hard shell helmet that meets an internationally accepted safety standard. All junior/juvenile riders MUST wear Protective Hard Shell Helmets.