Cranage Village Hall, CW4 8ER (open from 12.45 p.m.)
on the A50 approx. 1 mile north of Holmes Chapel.
PLEASE – NO SHOEPLATES IN THE HALL and make sure no oil drops on the floor
1. DO NOT PARK near the Start/Finish area – there is plenty of parking at the HQ
2. RIDERS MUST SIGN ON - Numbers available at HQ.
3. Riders must negotiate Chelford Island in a safe manner in accordance with CTT Reg.20 & the rules of the road, Riders must be able to brake & stop at the island if traffic conditions require this. Riders MUST NOT approach or ride through the Island using Tri Bars. Traffic on the Island has priority over traffic (including riders) entering it. Any rider seen to be in breach of this regulation will be disqualified from the event and reported for further disciplinary action.
4. Twemlow Lane: Be aware that there is a double bend shortly after turning into Twemlow Lane at Cranage. Riders need to anticipate this and negotiate it in a safe manner. In wet weather the metal covers and edges become a skid risk. Please take care.
5. No U-Turns on the course or at the start or finish areas.
6. Head up riding at all times, Observers are being used during this event. Dangerous riding is endangering the future of our sport.
7. Riders must exercise care at all road junctions. Any competitor who’s riding line causes him/her to cross the white line when approaching or leaving a junction will be liable to disqualification from the event and may be reported to the District Committee for further disciplinary action.
8. A competitor who swings out to the right before executing a left turn should ensure that the road behind is clear of traffic before doing so. This practice is not encouraged by the District Committee and competitors who ride in this manner are warned that in many circumstances this manoeuvre will be regarded as contravention of Regulation 47(i), (iii) & (v).
9. In the interests of your own safety, no rider will be allowed to start without a HELMET.
Cycling Time Trials strongly advise you to wear a HARD SHELL HELMET that meets an internationally accepted safety standard. in accordance with Regulation 15 but ALL JUNIOR competitors must wear Protective Hard Shell Helmets.
10. It is recommended that a working rear light, either flashing or constant, is fitted to the machine in a position visible to following road users and is active whilst the machine is in use.
11. Results will be displayed at the HQ, do not bother the timekeeper.
12. Thank you to all riders for supporting our event; we hope you will have a safe and successful ride.