Newmarket Leisure Centre, Studio 2, Exning Road, Newmarket, Suffolk, CB8 0EB.
To get to the HQ, turn off the A14 and head into Newmarket on the A142 (the road the event starts in), turn right (2nd exit) at the 2nd roundabout, across next roundabout, through the industrial estate, then left into Exning Road, the leisure centre is on your right approx 1 mile along Exning Road, there is adequate parking, but please be considerate and park sensibly.
Note: the start is approximately 2 miles from the HQ, please allow enough time to get to the start on time, there is adequate areas near the start to warm up.
Changing facilities and showers are available in the Leisure Centre, please don’t change in the car park, this is 2012 !!
NOTES TO RIDERS - The following local regulations must be adhered to: -
1. No riding with your head down, any rider observed riding dangerously will be disqualified from the event and reported to the CTT District Committee for further disciplinary action. Have a fast, but safe ride.
2. NO 'U' TURNS are allowed within sight of either the start or finish area. Riders carrying out this dangerous maneuver are liable for disqualification from the event and further disciplinary action by the CTT District Committee.
3. Numbers will be situated in the HQ, these can be exchanged for a hot or cold drink after the event at the leisure centre cafe.
4. NO cars to stop or park at the start or finish areas, the finish is a clearway.
5. No warming-up by competitors is allowed along any part of the designated course, after the event has started. NOTE: NO Riders allowed in the start area more than 5 minutes before starting.
6. I have returned over 40 entries; please make every effort to start. Should you not be able to start, please contact me ASAP as I have 14 very hopeful reserves waiting in the wings.
IN THE INTEREST OF YOUR OWN SAFETY, CYCLING TIME TRIALS AND THE EVENT PROMOTERS STRONGLY ADVISE YOU TO WEAR A HARD SHELL SAFETY HELMET THAT MEETS AN INTERNATIONALLY ACCEPTED SAFETY STANDARD AND HAVE A REAR FACING FLASHING RED LIGHT FITTED TO YOUR MACHINE.
Note for reserves
Hopefully I will be able to allocate you a number and start time before the event, but 14 reserves is allot if it’s a good day !!!
You need to turn up at the HQ and hopefully a number will be available, there will be an official there to guide you.
ALL riders, if you have not collected your number 20mins before your start time, your number will be given to a reserve, if you cannot start, please let me know so that I can allocate your number.