HEADQUARTERS: Goostrey Village Hall, opposite the Crown Hotel in Goostrey. Open from 12.30 pm.
RACE NUMBERS: Available at HQ. Sign the Sign On sheet when you collect your number. Number to be exchanged for a cup of tea after the race.
BE WARNED! Dangerous riding causes accidents and most certainly endangers the future of our sport.
Please ride with your head up at all times. ‘U’ turns in the vicinity of the start and finish will lead to disqualification.
CLOTHING: Under CTT regulation 32(d) all riders in a team (composite team or club team) are encouraged to wear clothing of a similar colour and design.
1. NO PARKING AT THE START OR FINISH
2. Riders must not stop at the finish but should continue to the event HQ where times will be displayed.
3. After finish continue along A50 turning left at the sign for Goostrey. Directions to start will be signposted.
1. IN THE INTEREST OF YOUR OWN SAFETY, Cycling Time Trials and the event promoters, strongly advise you to wear a HARD SHELL HELMET that meets an internationally accepted safety standard. In accordance with regulation 15 All JUNIOR competitors must wear Protective Hard Shell Helmets.
2. It is recommended that a working rear light, either flashing or constant, is fitted to the machine in a position visible to following road users and is active whilst the machine is in use.
3. CHELFORD ISLAND
Riders must negotiate Chelford Island in a safe and sensible manor in accordance with CTT reg. 20 and the rules of the road. Riders must be able to brake and stop at the island if traffic conditions require this. Riders must not approach and encircle the island using tri-bars. Remember, traffic on the island has priority over traffic (including riders) entering it. Any rider seen to be in breach of this regulation will be disqualified from the event and maybe reported for further disciplinary action.
4. Under CTT regulation 32(d) all riders in a team (composite team or club team) are required to wear clothing of a similar colour and design.
5. Care at Road Junctions
Riders must exercise caution at all junctions. Any competitor whose riding causes him/her to cross the white lines when approaching or leaving a junction will be liable to disqualification from the event and may be reported to the District Committee for further disciplinary action.
A competitor who swings out to the right before executing a left turn should ensure that the road behind is clear of traffic before doing so. The practice is not encouraged by the District Committee and competitors who ride in this manner are warned that in many circumstancesthis manoeuvre will be regarded as a contravention of regulation 19(a)(b)(d).
6. Riders must take extra care when existing from Seven Sisters Lane onto the A50.
7. Be aware that there is a double bend shortly after turning into Twemlow Lane at Cranage. Riders need to anticipate this and be prepared to negotiate it in a safe manner. In wet weather the metal covers and edges become a skid risk. Please take care.
Vehicles must not be parked, however briefly, in any part of the access area to the Mount Pleasant Nursing Home, opposite the finish.