HQ (Numbers, Result Board, Signing On Sheet & Refreshments)
Kirkland Village Hall, at junction of A6 with A586, Grid Ref 488430, Post Code PR3 0HR. Caravan Club members are staying overnight on the HQ car park so please be considerate to them & keep the noise level down to a minimum (esp if warming up on turbos)
The following Local Regulations have been approved by the National Committee in accordance with Regulation 38. Any breaches may lead to disciplinary action being taken.
Reg. 1 Motor vehicles must NOT be parked on grass verges along the A6 from Green Lane traffic lights to the junction with Snapewood Lane, or on the B6430, nor on any private properties near the start and finish.
Reg 4a For all events on Sunday mornings, motor vehicles must NOT be parked in Cockerham Road.
Reg. 5 In ALL events, competitors prior to starting are not permitted to ride past the finish timekeeper for the duration of the event.
Reg. 6 Any competitor making a ‘U’ turn in the vicinity of the start or finish will be disqualified from the event
Reg. 15 Riders must keep to the left hand side of the road except when overtaking. Failure to comply with the above may lead to disqualification.
In addition to the above
1. In all events using Lay-bys as turning points, riders must move into the lay-by before turning.
2. Riders must give their number at the finish and elsewhere on course if requested.
3. Riders must NOT STOP on the A6 after passing the timekeeper as this is a clearway.(The clearway is from the south end of
Garstang by-pass to Hampson Green R.A.B.)
4. Riders must NOT STAND in the road at the start or finish (This constitutes an obstruction and is a breach of Regulations.)
5. Riders must NOT ride with their heads down.
6. At mini R.A.Bs in Garstang, riders MUST give way to traffic from the right.
7. At the Broughton and Great Eccleston turns, riders must take great care and give way to traffic from both directions.
Please remember to sign on when you collect your number.
A copy of the course risk assessment will be available at the HQ next to the signing on sheet
Helmets: All competitors under the age of 18 and/or JUNIORS must wear a HELMET of HARD/SOFT SHELL construction that conforms to a recognised Standard (See Regulation 15). Cycling Time Trials strongly recommends ALL competitors to wear such a helmet.
COMPETITORS MACHINE-LIGHTS. CTT recommends that a working rear light, either flashing or constant, is fitted to the machine in a position clearly visible to following road users and is active whilst the machine is in use.
Directions to start: From HQ take A6 northwards for 1.2 miles then turn right into Kepple Lane which becomes Church Street after canal bridge. Turn right at mini roundabout onto Park Hill Rd. Start is 150 yds on right. Distance from HQ to start is approx 1.7 miles. Please remember that no ‘U’ turns are to be made near the start (and the finish)