Bentley Memorial Hall, GU10 5LP
• Numbers at HQ, please return in exchange for refreshments
• U-turns are not permitted within sight of the start or finish points.
• No vehicles, except those of the timekeepers, to be parked at the start or finish
• All breaches of local regulations shall be reported in writing to the London West District Secretary
• Riders must not cross the central reservation unless using one of the specific breaks in the reservation for that purpose
• No bicycles or shoes with plates or cleats to be taken into the hall
• No parking in Hole Lane adjacent to the hall
• There are two lay-bys that can be used for car parking, sited 300 yards and approximately 1000 yards beyond the finish on the same side.
At the request of the Bentley Parish Council – There is No Parking allowed within 50 meters of the crossroads and particularly not on the grass verge on the south side of the main road. Also there is to be no parking in Hole Lane on the footpath area in front of the Hall or in the Private access to the west side of the Hall.
Getting to the HQ
To reach the HQ, riders must only cross over to the other side of the A31 by using one of the breaks in the central reservation provided for that purpose. Anyone associated with the event observed crossing to the other side by any other means will be reported to the police and the London West DC of the CTT.
Getting to the Start from the HQ
Go east through the village to join the A31. Cross to the right hand lane after 850 yards and cross over to the south side of the A31 at the Gravel Hill Road junction and continue 760 yards to the lay-by start point.
Riders must not stop but continue to one or other of the central reservation breaks, cross over with great care and go westwards along the Bentley by-pass to fork left onto the slip road signposted ‘BENTLEY’. Go right at the ‘T’ junction and the Bentley Memorial Hall is ahead of you.
Important Safety information – Please take time to read.
The dual carriageway of the A31 reduces to a single lane at a point approximately 3 miles from the start point. The right hand lane is cross hatched for a distance of 400yds and finishes at a point opposite the Petrol Filling Station just beyond the ‘Hen & Chicken Inn’ situated on the North side of the A31.
Returning from Holybourne roundabout on the North side of the road reduces to a single lane by road cross-hatching on the right hand lane commencing 200yds before the junction to Mill Court on the South side and finishing adjacent to the ‘Hen & Chicken Inn’ on the North side.
Competitors are to act in a manner appropriate to competing on a single lane carriageway whilst within the restrictions imposed by the cross-hatched area.
In the interests of your own safety, Cycling Time Trials and the event promoters strongly advise you to wear a hard shell helmet that meets an Internationally accepted Standard.
In accordance with Reg 15 ALL Junior competitors must wear Protective Hard Shell Hats.
It is recommended that a working rear light either flashing or constant is fitted to the machine in a position visible to following road users and is active whilst the machine is in use