Cirencester Rugby Football Club, The Whiteway, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 2ER. Open from 5am.
Route to Start
Leave the HQ turn left onto The Whiteway. At the Traffic Lights turn right onto Abbey Way. Follow this road, it turns into Gloucester Road, climbs a hill – and the start is at the top. Total distance about 2 miles.
After the Finish
Easiest is to continue to the next RAB. Then left on the A419 followed immediately by right down a very small lane, this takes you onto a cycle path beside the ring road. Follow this till it becomes a road again, then first major left onto Tetbury Road, becoming Park Lane. Followed round, then next left onto Park Steet. Follow this road to T junction with Dollar St, then left followed by forced right. This will take you to the traffic lights with the Rugby ground straight ahead. About 3 miles.
WTTA is again providing a drinks service for unsupported riders. Please leave your drinks at the HQ before the start, clearly labelled with your number, together with special requirements..
The first drinks hand up will be on the third circuit near Latton village, at approx 35 miles. The second will be a few miles after leaving the Cirencester bypass at approx 70 miles.
When you approach the feed station, you'll first ride past the drinks "spotter". Please shout whether you require a bottle handing up this time. The spotter will then radio instructions through to the feeding station to hand up your pre-labelled bottle.
As you approach the feed station, first throw down any empty bottles, which can be collected later from the HQ. Any uncollected bottles will be discarded.
1. A large part of the course is on dual carriageway.
2. In the case of standing water on the dual carriageway, spray makes visibility bad and the road dangerous. Hence in case of bad weather the event will not start.
3. Similarly if the weather conditions deteriorate during the event, the event may be abandoned.
4. The dual carriageway is a clearway, so no marshals on the DC, so please study the course notes carefully.
5. Due to limited availability of marshals, most roundabouts will have only a single marshal, indicating the exit to take. So please study the course.
6. No warming up past the start.
7. Take care in Latton Village for parked cars.
8. There are pelican crossings in Kemble and Crudwell on the A429. They are pedestrian operated, and rarely used on a sunday morning. However if you encounter a red light, please respect it – it will change in a few seconds.
9. Take great care on approaching Malmesbury of the garage on the left immediately before the RAB with the B4040 where you turn. It will be open during the event, and busy.
10. There is a narrow bridge on the A433 to Tetbury. You can pass with cars coming the opposite way, but do take great care, and consider the road conditions carefully.
IN THE INTERESTS OF YOUR OWN SAFETY, Cycling Time Trials and the event promoters strongly advise you to wear a HARD SHELL HELMET that meets an internationally accepted safety standard. In accordance with Regulation 15 ALL JUNIOR competitors must wear Protective Helmets.
It is strongly recommended that a working rear light, either flashing or constant, is fitted to the machine in a position visible to following road users and is active whilst the machine is in use.