Great Witley, Village Hall, (A443) Worcester Road, Great Witley, Worcs, WR6 6HY
The HQ will be open from 10:00am for signing on Please DO NOT wear cycling shoes in the village hall.
There is access to the adjacent surgery car park as an overflow. Make sure that that you DO NOT BLOCK THE ACCESS to the surgery and respect the area by leaving it clean and litter free. There is plenty of parking for cars, turbos etc.
Warming Up - Avoid warming up on the course. There is suitable road running behind the HQ in parallel to the A443.
The first section of the course begins with a climb of Woodbury Hill, Just right to get the heart rate up, pacing and gear selection is important.
After the decent, the road drops gently down towards Martley helping to make up time from the previous hills and undulations.
Take care on the two left hand turns in Martley. The road then takes you towards Lower Broadheath, The road is mainly flat with an incline into Lower Broadheath . Turn left in Lower Broadheath towards Hallow. The turning is very tight and great care must be taken to avoid crossing the the white lines into the on-coming traffic.
The road to hallow is undulating and technical take care of gravel on the right hand bend in the bottom of a dip where rain water runs off the fields. The turning onto the A443 is approached uphill and again care must be taken as the levels of traffic on the A443 can be heavier than else where on the course.
The A443 will take you past Holt Heath and back to Great Witley to the finish and HQ. Start of the second lap. The road is rolling and rising towards Great Witley.
The two lap course - You will need to continue shortly past the HQ car park and turn left towards the start area and continue on the lap.
• Numbers and signing on sheet will be at the Headquarters.
• This is a 1 & 2 lap circuit which will keep the timekeepers on their toes, so PLEASE no warming up on the course once the event has started. LIABLE FOR DISQUALIFICATION
• Do respect riders that are still racing when you have finished.
• Refreshments will be on sale after the event.
• In the interests of your own safety, Cycling Time Trials and the event promoters strongly advise you to wear a HARD SHELL HELMET that meets an internationally accepted safety standard.
• Event results will be published to CTT