22/07/12 - Derwentside CC 24
Headquarters: Stamfordham Village Hall - NE18 0LA
Stamfordham Village Hall, Stamfordham, NE18 0LA
Vehicles of competitors / officials / marshals / helpers to be parked safely and without hindrance to other road users.
Take extra care at road junctions, on descents, and when passing through villages.
Keep to the left at all times, and especially so on narrow roads with right hand bends.
No U-turns to be made in the vicinity of the timekeeper.
No dismounting in the finishing area.
In The Interests of Your Own Safety: CTT and the event promoters strongly advise you to wear a hard shell helmet that meets an internationally accepted standard, this is compulsory for all junior competitors under the age of 18 years. It is also recommended that a working rear light, either flashing or constant, is fitted to your machine in a position visible to following road users and is active whilst the machine is in use.
1. No use of turbo trainers/rollers within 100yds of inhabited property.
2. No warming up on course once event has started.
3. No cars to be parked at start/finish, except officials.
4. Sign on and collect numbers from HQ after 09:00
6. The start is approximately 1/2 mile from the HQ. As the only route from the HQ to the start is along the course later starters please be aware that other competitors will be coming through to start their second lap.
7. Refreshments afterwards.
8. No cycling shoes to be worn inside HQ