Froyle Village Hall
Numbers and signing on at the hall.
Allow 15 minutes to reach the start.
Numbers can be exchanged for refreshments after the race.
How to get to the start from the Race HQ (Approx 15 minutes riding time):
• From Froyle Village hall, turn right and proceed 200yds to a T junction;
• Turn right and follow this road which bears sharp left – and then runs parallel with the A31 – through Bentley Village (crossing the cross roads at Bentley Village hall);
• Proceed until joining the A31 via a slip road. Follow the A31 east for half a mile to the junction (minor cross roads) just before the Bull PH. Turn right with GREAT CARE – across the dual carriageway – and retrace along the A31 for approx. 400yds to the lay-by (start point);
• When you have finished the event turn across the dual carriageway at the next available opening with GREAT CARE and proceed along the A31 past the start point for half a mile to the slip road leading to Bentley;
• Turn right at the T junction – proceeding over the A31- and turn left at Bentley Village hall cross roads. Retrace to Froyle Village hall;
Local Regulations applicable to the use of Froyle Village Hall
• No bicycles to be taken into the hall
• Shoes with plates or cleats that could damage the floor to be removed before entering the hall
• No parking in areas identified by the ‘No Parking’ signs and please do NOT obstruct residents driveways
Important safety information – please take the time to read carefully
For safety reasons riders must not use their aero bars on the Coxbridge roundabout, penalty is disqualification.
The dual carriageway of the A31 reduces to a single lane at a point approximately three miles from the start point. The right hand lane is cross-hatched for a distance of 400yds to finish at a point opposite the Petrol Filling station just beyond the “Hen and Chickens” PH situated on the North side of the A31.
Returning from the Holybourne Roundabout on the North side the road reduces to a single lane by road cross-hatching on the right hand lane commencing 200yds before the junction to Mill Court on the south side and finishing adjacent to the “Hen and Chickens” PH on the North side.
Competitors are to act in a manner appropriate to competing on a single lane carriageway whilst within the restrictions imposed by the cross hatched area.
Beware of the pot holes approaching the Coxbridge RAB and on first hill returning from Holyborne RAB!!
Restriction of parking at the Start and Finish
LWDC 4: No vehicles, except those of the timekeepers, shall be parked at the start or finish
Reporting of breaches of local Regulations
LWDC 5: All breaches of Local Regulations shall be reported in writing to the London West District Secretary
Local Regulations : H10/8-1Riders must not cross the central reservation unless using one of the specific breaks in the reservation for that purpose
Cycling Time Trials and Farnham Road Club strongly advise the use of a hard shell helmet meeting internationally approved safety standards
PLEASE Note that because we are running multiple events the Tandems and Ladies will have Orange Numbers and the Men Bright Yellow