Seaton Burn Recreation Ground, Front Street, Seaton Burn, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE13 6EP
Numbers will be at the HQ. The HQ will be locked between 7.30am and 11.00am
Start Time: 7:02am
Start opposite south edge of green electric box with mounted small light just south of the Holiday Inn exit on the old A1 Blagdon Road north of Seaton Burn roundabout. Proceed north to minor road on left from Ponteland to start the first circuit. Continue north on the old A1 and down slip road to join the A1 northbound dual carriageway. Proceed north for approx. 1/2 mile to take the slip road leading to Stannington village. Proceed across mini-roundabout in to village and turn left after approx. 200 metres. Continue on through the village in the direction of Tranwell village, and through Tranwell village to the T-junction with the B6524. Turn left on the B6524 and continue until the second road on the left at Gubeon (sign-posted Ponteland). Turn left on minor Ponteland road and continue into Ponteland until minor road on left to Berwick Hill. Turn left and continue straight on to the T-junction with the old A1 Blagdon road to complete the first circuit. Turn left and repeat the circuit a further 3 times. On the 5th circuit Finish in line with the first 1 metre high verge marker 8 metres past (east of) the exit of the Deli Surface Mine on the Berwick Hill to Blagdon road.
• Vehicles of competitors / officials / marshals / helpers to be parked safely and without hindrance to other road users.
• Be aware of sharp bends on the Stannington to Tranwell stretch of the course, in particular the right hand bend at St.Mary’s hospital.
• Take extra care at all road junctions, in particular the roundabout in Stannington village and passing through Stannington and Tranwell villages.
• No U-turns to be made in the vicinity of the timekeeper.
• No dismounting in the finishing area.
· Please shout your number as you pass the finishing timekeeper.