• Event HQ and parking is about 1 mile north of the start at King’s Somborne Village Hall, Recreation Ground, Romsey Road, King Somborne, Hants SO20 6PP (just off the A3057). – this will be available from 6.30pm and from where numbers can be collected and signed for.
• PLEASE ALLOW YOURSELF 10 MINUTES TO RIDE TO THE START
SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS - Riders must:
• Not warm up on the course.
• Not make U-turns in the vicinity of the start or finish.
• Take care for the first 0.25 miles which is downhill with a rough road surface.
• Take care at the "Dukes Head/B3084" junction. Both junction and pub entrance are blind.
• Take care at the TURN. Riders must go around the mini roundabout. The road is narrow, the turn is tight and there is a drain.
• After finishing, continue past the start and retrace to HQ.
Any rider observed riding in a manner which may jeopardise his or her own safety, the safety of others and the future of the Sport will be disqualified and reported to the South District Council of Cycling Time Trials.
Cycling Time Trials and Sotonia CC strongly advise you to:-
• Wear a Hard Shell Helmet that meets an internationally accepted safety standard. Cycling Time Trial regulations require all competitors under the age of 18 years to wear a Hard Shell Helmet.
• Have a working rear light, either flashing or fixed, fitted to your machine in a position clearly visible to following road users.
And finally………………Keep your heads up and have a safe ride!