Parking: at the start is very limited. Please park to the north west of the Edgemoor Hotel in the road to Becky Falls & Manaton (Lower Down). Please do not inconvenience other road users or nearby residents. Alternatively, there is a large car park at the finish area.
Toilets: Bovey Tracey main car park and at Haytor lower car park.
Signing-on: and collection of race numbers: at the start.
Arm numbers to be fitted to left arm. Please return promptly after finishing.
Notes to Riders:
• Dangerous riding causes accidents & could endanger the future of the sport.
• Please ride with your head up at all times & do not “white line”.
• Observe the Highway Code and CTT regulations. Observers have been appointed & will act if necessary
• In the event of poor visibility lights should be fitted & conspicuous clothing worn.
• Take care at the cattle grid, especially when descending, which can be slippery.
• Also be aware of pot holes under trees making it difficult to pick out the damaged surface especially when descending.
• It is a condition of riding that all competitors wear a hard shell helmet that accords with the definition as contained in Cycling Time Trials regulation 15.
• Spectators, please do not follow competitors, block gateways or baulk riders when pulling off the road.
• Course record is 12’ 44” set by Jeff Williams in 1979
COURSE DESCRIPTION: S20/HC:
Start: ½ mile west of Bovey Tracey in Chapple Road, 400 yards South east of the Edgemoor Hotel, level with gas valve marker (GR802779) & 190 feet above sea level.
Proceed northeast to crossroads where bear left towards Haytor on B3387. Pass the 1/3 way point opposite house “Torling”, cross cattle grid to pass 2/3 way point 30 yards short of double gates between “Bel Alp” signs. Continue on B3387 to the summit, to
Finish: at Western end of Haytor Rocks car park, 1280 feet above sea level (GR759768).
Distance = 3.125 miles