07/10/12 - Warrington RC (Johnny Helms) 2up
Headquarters: Allostock Village Hall, -
Allostock Village Hall, Chapel Lane, Allostock, Knutsford, WA16 9LN
The younger rider must pace the veteran around the course until the final mile, at which point the veteran must take over and pace the younger rider to the finish.
1. DO NOT PARK near the start/finish area – there is plenty of parking at the HQ
2. Numbers available at HQ where RIDERS MUST SIGN ON
3. When making the turn into Booths bed lane be aware there is a shop immediately on the left and traffic may be entering / exiting, Please take care.
4. No U-Turns on the course or at the start or finish area
5. Head up riding at all times, observers are being used during this event, and dangerous riding is endangering the future of our sport.
6. Results will be displayed at the HQ, do not bother the timekeeper
7. Riders must exercise care at all road junctions. Any competitor who’s riding line causes him/her to cross the white line when approaching or leaving a junction will be liable to disqualification from the event and may be reported to the District Committee for further disciplinary action
8. A competitor who swings out to the right before executing a left turn should ensure that the road behind is clear of traffic before doing so. This practice not encouraged by the District Committee and competitors who ride in this manner are warned that in many circumstances this manoeuvre will be regarded as contravention of Regulation 47(i),(iii) & (v).
9. Cycling Time Trials and the event organizers strongly advise you to wear a HARD SHELL HELMET that meets an internationally accepted safety standard. In accordance with regulation 15 ALL JUNIOR competitors must wear Protective Hard Shell Helmets.
10. It is recommended that a working rear light, either flashing or constant, is fitted to the machine in a position visible to following road users and is active whilst the machine is in use.
Course details :
Start: Allostock, in a Layby on London Rd (A50) proceed south for 1.2 miles where you turn left into Goostry Lane follow Goostery lane for 1.1 miles where you turn left into booth bed lane follow this for 1.7m where you turn left onto London Rd (A50) follow this for 1.2 miles to complete the course. repeat 3 more times to finish on the A50 at Sandy Lane.