The event headquarters is at the West Dean Sports and Social Club, Hillside Close, West Dean and is about 0.25 miles from the start, which is accessed by crossing a footbridge across the river Dun. Please allow plenty of time to get to the start.
Car parking is available at Dean Hill Business Park, Lockerley Road, West Dean which is a short distance from the event HQ and will be signposted on the day.
SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS - Riders must:
• Not pass through the electric gate from the car park into the business park. The gate closes automatically and you will not be able to get out!
• Follow the signed safe route to the start and retrace this route when returning to the headquarter. Riders must not cross the course at any time.
• Not warm up on the course.
• Not make U-turns in the vicinity of the start or finish.
• Keep to the left-hand side of the course at all times. Anyone crossing the white line painted on the sharp right-hand bend at approximately 0.75 miles will be disqualified.
• After finishing, continue over the hill before turning to retrace the route to headquarters. Take extreme care when decending the hill and do not obstruct riders still competing.
Any rider observed riding in a manner which may jeopardise his or her own safety, the safety of others and the future of the Sport will be disqualified and reported to the South District Council of Cycling Time Trials.
OBSERVERS ARE POSITIONED AT REGULAR INTERVALS ALONG THE COURSE.
Cycling Time Trials and Sotonia CC strongly advise you to:-
• Wear a Hard Shell Helmet that meets an internationally accepted safety standard. Cycling Time Trial regulations require all competitors under the age of 18 years to wear a Hard Shell Helmet.
• Have a working rear light, either flashing or fixed, fitted to your machine in a position clearly visible to following road users.