Parking: Car park of Starcross Sport & Community Field, Generals Lane, Starcross (GR 975814). Please park closely together to leave space for football team members to park also.
There is no parking at or near the start. Please do not park in the finish lay-by as this may obstruct the timekeeper.
Toilets: There will be one toilet available in the fire-damaged pavilion at the sports field, (to be shared with footballers)
Signing on: and collection and return of race numbers will be in the car park.
Arm numbers should be fitted to left arm. Please return numbers promptly at HQ car park.
Notes to Riders:
• Dangerous riding causes accidents & could endanger the future of the sport.
• Please ride with your head up at all times & do not “white line”.
• Observe the Highway Code and CTT regulations. Observers have been appointed & will act if necessary
• In the event of poor visibility lights should be fitted & conspicuous clothing worn.
• Parts of the course are narrow. Please ride well to the left and be aware of other road users.
• Also be aware of pot holes under trees making it difficult to pick out the damaged surface especially when descending.
• It is a condition of riding that all competitors wear a hard shell helmet that accords with the definition as contained in Cycling Time Trials regulation 15.
• Spectators, please do not follow competitors, block gateways or baulk riders when pulling off the road.
• Course record is 8’42.2” set by Colin Lewis in 1985
Start: Approx.1½ mile west of Starcross on the Starcross to Mamhead road (former B3381), 400 yards east of the road junction marked ‘Kenton’ in the entrance to farm access road ‘Westlake Farm’, (Mowlish Lane), (GR 952817) & approx.100 feet above sea level.
Proceed west to Black Forest Lodge crossroads where bear left staying on the Mamhead road.. Continue uphill and in a westerly direction, through hairpin bend and narrow road to the summit, to
Finish: at western end the lay-by at the summit, 775 feet above sea level (GR 920813).
Distance = 2.2 miles